I am married to a chef, but I cant cook. So I make a lot of food in my slow cooker taking into consideration its my night to cook. We love France and French cooking, and this recipe is a endearingly simple, elegant cassoulet that even I can make and he loves. fabulous fantastic for chilly frosty nights and dinner parties. Double the recipe for leftovers - it melds overnight very well.
The ingredient of Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- u00bc pound fully-cooked smoked sausage, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- u00bd teaspoon ground black pepper
- u00bc cup tomato paste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans deafening Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
The instruction how to make Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassoulet
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet more than medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and brown, turning often, virtually 10 minutes. cut off surgically remove bacon and drain nearly paper towels; crumble similar to cool. Set bacon aside.
- Cook and stir up onion in the same skillet until translucent, approximately 5 minutes. protest in chicken, sausage, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, and black pepper; cook until chicken pieces are browned, 5 to 8 minutes. disconcert whisk in tomato paste.
- Transfer chicken join up to a slow cooker and protest in crumbled turkey bacon, serious Northern beans, and diced tomatoes. Cover the cooker, set on the order of Low, and cook until cassoulet is thickened and the chicken is completely tender, 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle as soon as parsley ahead of time serving.
Nutritions of Easy and Delicious Slow Cooker Cassouletcalories: 521.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 52.9 g
cholesterolContent: 68.4 mg
fatContent: 18.9 g
fiberContent: 12.1 g
proteinContent: 35.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 5.4 g
sodiumContent: 641.2 mg
sugarContent: 4.7 g