This dish was conceptualized for the Victory Dinner Celebration at the 2014 Buzzards Bay Cup Challenge. It played off local and imported ingredients for the event. I subsequent to to serve these on top of higher than a field of wilted greens when Swiss or rainbow chard.
The ingredient of Buzzards Bay Bourbon Scallops
- u00bd cup butter, divided
- 4 fluid ounces bourbon whiskey, estranged
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- u00bd teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pitch black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Buzzards Bay Bourbon Scallops
- Melt 1/4 cup butter, 2 ounces bourbon, and olive oil together in a large skillet greater than medium-high heat. Cook sea scallops in hot butter-bourbon fusion until browned and just not quite cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to a plate and drain any excess liquid from the skillet.
- campaign remaining butter, steadfast bourbon, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in the same skillet greater than medium-high heat until sauce reduces and alcohol evaporates, 1 to 3 minutes. Drizzle sauce exceeding scallops.
Nutritions of Buzzards Bay Bourbon Scallopscalories: 362.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 13.4 g
cholesterolContent: 103.4 mg
fatContent: 23.4 g
fiberContent: 0.4 g
proteinContent: 15.8 g
saturatedFatContent: 9.6 g
sodiumContent: 272 mg
sugarContent: 2.4 g